Friday 6 January 2012

What Do You Do with Gifts from Exes?

I was just getting ready for bed and removing my jewelry and thought to myself "Is it weird that I am still wearing jewelry given to me by an alcoholic ex-boyfriend who I dated over 7 years ago and is now married to and has a child with someone else?"   I personally don't give a shit.  If it's nice and I like it I will wear it.  I don't think most of my friends would...and although generally a very sentimental person I don't seem to attach any sentimental value to ex-bf gifts.  To me it's just stuff, pretty stuff, given to me by some loser ex boyfriend.  So if I didn't get anything much from the relationship I might as well enjoy a little bling.

Granted these are not engagement rings I am talking about...I don't think I could go there...although I probably could melt down the gold and get the diamond set in something else and be okay with it.

What do you think? What do you do with gifts from exes?

No comments:

Post a Comment