Friday 13 January 2012

Horrific Dates in Histoy~ Raj

This isn't my first online dating rodeo.  My first foray into this crazy world occured somewhere in either 2006 or 2007.  One of my first and most memorable dates was this guy named Raj. Raj was originally from India.  When we started chatting he had been living in Canada for about five years, but was actually home in India for a few months.  So we chatted for a few weeks and planned our first date upon his return to Canada. 

Our first date started off really sweet.  He brought me a hand beaded purse and a pair of earrings from India.  We had decided to go bowling.  It was super fun.  We had some beer, got a tiny bit tipsy and had a few laughs and overall a great time.  After bowling we decided to go back to his place and order some Chinese take out and watch a movie.  We had another beer or two and then Mr. Raj got brave.  He went in for the kiss.  I was having a great time so I figured, why not?  Well he started to get a little excited and was moving a little faster than I had anticipated or was ready for. He did the good old fashioned leg hump that I love so much and actually ripped a button off my shirt trying to get his hand up my sleeve and to my girls (interesting approach, might I add).  At that point I had enough.  I tell him what I am thinking and leave.

The next day I get a phone call from my date.  He was extremely apologetic and felt really bad about the way things went down.  He seemed quite sincere and since our date started off so great I decided to give it another shot...always with the damn second shots...note to self...that has got to stop! Anyways we go out a few more times and he truly is a nice guy.  On one of our dates I discover that he had actually dated a girl that I had gone to school with all throughout elementary school, but moved away in grade seven.  They ended things on positive terms and he actually still had her contact info so I got it from him and I reconnected with my old friend.  We probably went on a total of about five dates.  At this point he was wanting things to be really serious.  He called me every morning to be my wake up call, so he could hear my voice as soon as he woke up, stuff like that...barf.  Anyways as is the case with most guys I ever seem to date, I really wasn't feeling the attraction.  Since he seemed to be getting ahead of himself with our "relationship" I decided I had better end it.

About a month or two later I am chatting with my old friend, the same one that had also dated Raj.  Well, what she had to say truly shocked me.  Literally days after things had ended with Raj and I he packed up his bags, flew back to India and got himself a wife! I guess he was tired of Canadian women and just wanted to settle down and get married so he let his parents set him up in an arranged marriage!  I guess I was the straw that broke the camel's back for this guy.  He just couldn't take another rejection from a Canadian woman and decided to do things the old fashioned way!

So yeah....that's the kind of crap that happens to me.  Date a guy, he the concludes Canadian women are crazy and decides marrying  someone he's never even met is a far better alternative.  The funny thing is I have run into he and his wife a few times here and there....we both avoid making eye contact and pretend not to see eachother.  I think it's for the best. 

Although, I have always wanted to wear a sari...


...mehndi is pretty neat too!

No comments:

Post a Comment